Location of the monument:
In July 1941 in the forest of Vecmokas District the local self–defenders killed a number of Jews from Tukums – representatives of the local intelligentsia (doctors, public figures, etc.), who were accused of supporting the Soviet power.
After the war a memorial stone was erected on the site of murder with an inscription in Latvian and in Russian. A sign, carved in wall, on the roadside points to the memorial place.
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.