Location of the monument:
The German army entered Jelgava on 29 June 1941, and already at the end of July practically all Jews of Jelgava were murdered on the shooting–range of the former 3rd Jelgava Infantry Regiment of the Latvian Army. On 2 September 1941 45 mentally ill Jews and doctor H. Idelsohn were taken out of the Jelgava Psychiatric Hospital. They, together with Soviet activists, were murdered behind the Nikolai Cemetery, but in later years their remains were reinterred in the Jelgava Brethren Cemetery, where a monument with an inscription in Latvian and Russian: “To the victims of fascist terror, 1941–1944. People – be vigilant! /J. Fučík /” was erected.
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.