Site of massacre:
In July 1941 in Eglaine, in a distance of approximately 200 m from Skolas Street the local self–defenders shot 12–15 Jews of Eglaine. In 1950, upon the initiative of surviving relatives, the deceased were reinterred in the New Jewish Cemetery in Riga, where a monument was erected.
There are no signs at the site of massacre in Eglaine.
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.