Location of the massacre:
The Jews of Skrudaliena were killed at the beginning of August 1941. Two Jews were shot in Skrudaliena, one – at the Bruniki Manor, but 16 Jews – opposite the Old Believers’ Church at the Gluhova Lake.
After World War II at the place of massacre at the Gluhova Lake memorial stones with the Stars of David were erected, and the beginning of the 1960s the remains of the murdered Jews were reinterred in Silene. At present the memorial stones that were erected have vanished, the site is overgrown and there are no signs pointing to the place of massacre.
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.