Site of massacre:
A branch of the concentration camp “Kaiserwald” was located in the former Strazdumuiža Manor on the shore of the Jugla Lake (historical name “Strasdenhof”). Latvian, Lithuanian, German and Hungarian Jews were placed in it. From 1942 to 1943 in the distance of 500 m from Jugla railway station and in the distance of 30 m from Vidzeme highway, approximately 600 – 700 Jews, who worked at Jugla railway station, but where, as the result of selection, recognised as being incapable for work, were shot there. No memorial signs have been placed at the site of massacre.
Other eradication actions took place in the concentration camp, but their sites are unknown.
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.