Site of massacre:
When the Nazi occupation started in July 1941, approximately 9 Jews of Gaigalava parish were shot not far from Gaigalava (formerly – Bikava). Most probably the action was conducted by self-defenders of Vecstružānu.
After the war local inhabitants reinterred the murdered Jews in the Bikava Cemetery. A symbolic sign with the Star of David has been placed at the site of massacre.
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.