Location of the monument:
On 4 July 1941, as the result of an action organised by the Nazis, a synagogue at 63 Stabu Street was burnt down; during the fire Jews were inside the building. An exact number of Jews who perished is not known.
At present a memorial plaque has been placed on the former synagogue building with an inscription in Latvian and Hebrew: “The building of synagogue was constructed in 1906, on 4 July 1941 the Nazis burnt alive hundreds of Jews in it.”
- Meler M. Jewish Latvia: Sites to Remember. Tel-Aviv: Association of Latvian and Estonian Jews in Israel, 2013.
- Ezergailis A. The Holocaust in Latvia, 1941-1944: The Missing Center. Riga: The Historical Institute of Latvia; Washington, DC: US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 1996.
Search for the related names of Jews at http://names.lu.lv.